Search This Blog

Friday, October 22, 2010

Still Alive!

Wow! It's hard to believe that it has been almost three months since I have posted anything on the blog. So much has happened over that time that I am not really even sure where to start.

As I am typing this, I am sitting in a hotel room leisurely drinking a cup of coffee and enjoying the quiet. Tony and I have a conference to attend in Portland, Oregon and decided to tack on an extra day to celebrate our 19th wedding Anniversary. We had an amazing dinner last night at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, and I got to sleep in until 10:00 a.m. this morning. WOOOO HOOOO!!! The kids are staying with my parents this weekend and Tony and I are getting some alone time. This is the first time the kids have been away from both of us since Abbe joined our family in July. We just spoke with them a little while ago and they are having a blast with their Nana and Papa - there are way fewer rules at their house than at ours.

So now for the update:
We have all been pleasantly surprised by how well Abbe is adjusting to our family. She fits in perfectly with us and has brought us so much joy. Many people who have known me for years have commented on how she is so much like me in personality - she is a spitfire, and I love it! Around our home, we are referred to as "Spicy". She has bonded so well with us and has been so happy-go-lucky since day one. It feels like she has always been with us.  She and Samir fight like they have been brother and sister all of their lives, laugh until someone pees their pants and miss each other like crazy when they are apart. They really love each other and it is so sweet. Abbe brings so much energy and life to our family. She is infectiously happy, is always dancing around, loves to play tricks on us, is a free-spirit who is not afraid to try anything, is a tom-boy when it comes to playing and is a girly-girl when it comes to her appearance. She is an amazing little girl and I can't imagine my life without her!

Here are a few pictures from the past few months.









No comments:

Post a Comment