Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Will you be coming in contact with any wildlife?

As you can see, the look of the blog has changed yet again.  I just can't seem to find "our" look.  Hopefully I will soon since I am spending way too much time messing with it.  Getting a picture in the header is insane!  I did one the other day that looked really good until I realized that I totally cropped Tony out of the picture.  Since he is an important part of our family, I figured he should probably be in the picture so it was back to square one.

Thanks to all of you who have posted comments or emailed us.  We really appreciate it.  I have been asked a number of times over the past week:  When will you travel?  When will she be here?  Will you have to make one trip or two?  Will you get any more information about her?  When is the big party, etc?  So I decided to post a quick note and let you all know that we have nothing new to report.  Sorry!  When we get any new information, I will be sure to pass it on.

We are confident that everything will work out EXACTLY how it is supposed to.  Surprisingly, I am really at peace with not knowing how this is all going to go down.  I think Tony may be slipping something into my water to keep me mildly sedated.  Ha Ha - Just kidding!  In the meantime, we are keeping busy with our to-do list, reading books, researching Ethiopian culture, food, language, etc.

I have to tell you a funny story, though.  I got the giggles the other day on the phone with the Travel Nurse.  She was gathering information regarding our travel plans in order to recommend immunizations and other medications for us.  She asked if we would be coming in contact with any wildlife.  Oh Lord, I HOPE NOT!  As some of you know, I have a great fear of tigers and lions (and basically anything else that might want to eat me).  And since the chance of me running into one of these animals greatly increases once I leave Spokane and head to Africa, I got the nervous giggles.  I immediately had images running through my head of being the slowest member of our group and, therefore, an obvious choice for a hungry animal with big teeth.  Not to mention a recent story I heard about crazy, aggressive monkeys (with big teeth) in Ethiopia.  I hadn't even thought to be afraid of them before - BUT I AM NOW!  All delusional fears aside, I am sure it will be an amazing, life changing trip.  Hopefully, not even a mosquito will want to take a bite out of me.

As a reward for putting up with all of my random chatter, I am posting a video of another adoptive family receiving their referral call a few days ago.  Remarkably, their friend just happened to be there with a camera in hand to document the special moment.  I think you will enjoy it.

http://sharing.theflip.com/session/8c54489b8851f644a8fd52225b753503/video/12916677

1 comment:

  1. still LOVE your video! don't worry about the changing look of your blog... i change mine with every holiday/season :-) oh to post a video you have to use the embed code... the <href one.... and change your posting style to edit html where you're typing. paste the code there. then change it back to compose view. hope that made sense!

    ReplyDelete