First thing this morning I opened the front door to watch the rain and noticed two packages which had not been there the night before. Wow! I had no idea mail was delivered that early.
The first package was from our adoption agency - All God's Children International - the coolest agency in the world. It contained some travel preparation material, a stuffed animal for "A" and a card. HOW COOL IS THAT? THEY THINK OF EVERYTHING! The card was filled out with "A's" information as the new arrival and our names filled in as the parents. It was surreal to see it in writing.
The timing was perfect because after I opened the first package, Samir burst into tears since he had not received a stuffed animal (he has been very emotional lately). When he started to regain his composure, he said that it would be ok if the stuffed animal was technically "A's" as long as it could live in his room. Hmmmm, I think Tony and I have some work to do in this area. Anyways, the book and stickers from Nana made him forget about the pain caused by the stuffed animal incident. Catastrophe averted!
Back to the other items in the package: The outfit is made of the most beautiful bright colors (shown in the picture below) and will look perfect up against "A's" dark skin. The magazine had a note on the front of it which said that Nana had donated money to buy bed nets to help combat Malaria in Africa. SUPER COOL! She did this in honor of "A's" birth father who died of malaria. THANKS AGAIN NANA! This certainly means a lot to us, and I am sure it will mean a lot to "A" once she is old enough to understand it.
What a great way to start the day. Hope you all have a great one too.



love your day!!! I love surprise packages:), especially when they are from family (and AGCI!)
ReplyDeleteBecca
ourjourneyto6.blogspot.com
definitely a great start to the day! that's a very cute outfit. can't wait to see it on A!
ReplyDelete