We were the first family in the group that got to meet our child since she was the oldest and would be most aware of what was going on. We had braced ourselves for the possibility that she may not be thrilled about meeting us since we would be taking her away from her friends at Hannah's Hope, but when we first walked in, she ran to me and jumped into my arms giving me the biggest hug. It was Great! She also went to Tony without any hesitation and had a perma-grin on her face the entire day.
When the rest of the children found out that we were Abbe's Mommy and Daddy they were jumping up and down and cheering. These kids were amazing, and we had a great time playing with them during our visit at Hannah's Hope.
Thanks to Kiersten, our AMAZING case manager, for taking those first shots of Abebech meeting Tony and I. Kiersten: we appreciate your caring heart and generosity in volunteering to capture such a special moment for us! Not only was Kiersten there for our first meeting, but she led us through most of the prep work and encouraged us the entire way. We LOVE her! We will post a picture of her later - I know I have one I just have to find it.
We also want to thank Amy Stavnes for videotaping our first meeting with Abebech. I haven't posted any video yet because I can't figure out how to edit it properly. I will someday.... I promise.
Here is a picture of Amy with her beautiful baby boy, Elijah.

Seeing these pictures made my night!!! I couldn't WAIT for her to be in your arms!!! So thankful that this is where she finally is!! With her forever family!!! REJOICING!
ReplyDeleteJeannie/Tony - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Sebastian and I have been praying for ALL of you guys every night. I can't look at these pictures without getting a big goofy grin on my face -- and big tears in my eyes. God BLESS BLESS BLESS you FOUR!!! I am just so sincerely happy. What a BEAUTIFUL family! Love you guys! Still keeping all of you in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteOh she is beautiful! Congratulations! What sweet moments to have captured on camera.
ReplyDeleteMy other comment didn't post :( I am soooo happy you are all together! And what a little doll! Jeannie, if you look at her big grin and your big grin, they look alike. That is the first thing I thought of. Can't wait to meet Abbe and see Samir as well. CONGRATUATIONS Olivas family!
ReplyDeleteOmigoooooooodeness Abbe is a sweetie! Congratulations! :) ...can't wait to see more pictures! :)
ReplyDelete