Search This Blog

Friday, May 21, 2010

The Birth Mother Appeared For The Court Hearing

I just got an update email from our wonderful case manager, Kiersten.  She said that the birth mother "S" appeared at the hearing on the 19th.  Even though MOWA did not have their paperwork done (which postponed our hearing) "S" did her part and relinquished her parental rights.  I am so heartbroken for her and the pain she must have gone through during this hearing!  Can you imagine being in her position and not having closure at that hearing?  Basically, she left the court knowing the adoption was NOT finalized - I wonder what she was thinking - learning that it had been continued due to administrative issues and knowing that her daughter has to stay in an orphanage even longer?  I hope she is at peace while she waits for the final ruling from the court.

At the beginning of this process I was really freaked out by the thought of meeting her in person, but now I PRAY DAILY that I will be able to meet her, hug her and thank her for all of the gut-wrenching decisions she has made out of pure love for the sake of her/our child.  She is an amazing woman of strength, and I love her without ever having met her!

1 comment: