Search This Blog

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Blogging Slacker

Well, I am finally back on here to post an update.  I know - I am a Blogging Slacker - Sorry!  This past week has flown by so fast that time got away from me.  Samir has been out of town with his Grandparents and Tony and I have rarely been home.  We were working during the day, out with friends at night and shopping for "A" in between.  It was a fun week!  But today I am under the weather and stuck at home, so I figured it would be a perfect time to catch up on the blog.

We are still waiting for our court date.  I have been fighting the urge to call our case manager and ask for an update, but we have a conference call with her on Monday so I will know soon enough.  We are down to the wire to have our file opened in Ethiopia in order to beat the new two trip travel rule.  I believe the deadline is May 5th.  The family from our agency that received their referral the day before us, just got their court date a few days ago.  Hopefully we will get ours very soon!  Once we pass court, we will get our official travel dates and can move forward with travel plans.  SO EXCITING!

On Wednesday, Tony and I went down to the Health District to get our immunizations.  Tony only had to get 4 shots since he received some while in the military, but I had to get 8!  Neither one of us are freaked out by shots, so it was no big deal.  However, I was surprised at how expensive they were and how sore my arms were afterwards.  Unfortunately (luckily), I couldn't cook in that condition, so we had to go out to dinner.  Since Samir wasn't with us, we didn't have to wait FOREVER to get a table - we just ate in the bar.  I had forgotten that people could actually do that!  Ha Ha.






Tony had his biometrics (fingerprinting) appointment with USCIS (Immigration) yesterday and mine is scheduled for Monday morning.  We are hoping for a quick turn-around on getting our FDL (Favorable Determination Letter) so there is no hold-up on our travel plans.  We need our FDL in order to bring "A" back into the country with us.  It usually takes around 5 months.  Since we don't have 5 months, we have enlisted the help of a Congressperson from our area.  Apparently, they are used to stepping in to help their constituents get efficient service from Federal Offices.  I had never heard of such a thing before, and I work in a Federal Office!  Isn't that funny?  Anyway, they are on the job and hopefully our application will be rushed through without any problems.

Well, that's all the new information I have to pass on for now.  I need to get back to another project that I started.  I am preparing a photo album to send to "A" introducing her to her new family.  It's very hard for me to choose pictures of myself that I like and even harder to find a picture with all three of us in it (someone has to be taking the picture, right?).

Goodbye for now. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, just catching up on your blog. I was curious - can you get a court date without having your FDL? For some reason I thought they had to wait for that to come in.

    Hoping you get the FDL soon and a court date!

    ReplyDelete