I just got off the phone with our case manager and was told that we did not pass court last night. It wasn't because anything was wrong with our case, but because of the upcoming elections in Ethiopia. Apparently the Ministry of Women's Affairs Office (one of the major players in our adoption) has been closed due to the elections and did not provide the necessary information to the court. Our new court date is June 11th which is Samir's Birthday. What a great birthday present that would be - A Little Sister!
I was asked if I cried when I got the news and the answer is no. I am a little bummed, but I am comforted knowing that "A" is at Hannah's Hope getting the best care by their "Special Mother's". Besides, after all the crying yesterday, I think I am a little dehydrated. :-)
Below is a link to a blog which lists some little known facts about Malaria. In our preparation to travel we have access to so many medications (both Rx and over the counter) but the people dying from the diseases can't get their hands on them. Too sad.
http://www.babeofmyheart.com/did-you-know-3/
And ... while we wait for our court date, I will be watching this video over and over again. I LOVE IT! It is the video that made me KNOW that adoption was the right thing for us. The one year anniversary of Lucy Lane coming home is next month. It's amazing how many lives that one little girl (and her parents) have changed. Enjoy the video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duyL9UjLrdM
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

PRAYING FOR YOU! So hard to wait longer.....
ReplyDelete